Remote, Small Group and 1-on-1 Business English Courses, Workshops and Webinars
SPECIAL OFFER - EXPIRES October 1, 2021: Business English Webinar package for just $500 (applied language skill-building with optional individual coaching). E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to learn more.
SCHEDULE a free 30-minute language and communication consultation for you or your organization - or call 503 231-2906 to learn more.
Working online is new for many
Training online is NOT new for us
Your global or local teams, including non-native English speakers, communicate remotely more often than ever – on conference calls, in text messages, through IRC-style platforms like Slack or by traditional e-mail.
- Do non-native speakers on your team jump into the conversation easily, when they need to?
- Do non-native speakers on your team contribute when you need them to?
- Do non-native speakers on your team contribute with confidence?
The answer to all of these questions is probably 'no'.
The good news is that remote, online English Language and Communication Training and ESL classes are as impactful or more so than onsite training.
We have been training remotely, online for since 2006! ProActive English has delivered thousands of hours of remote training effectively, in face-to-face video conferencing sessions with clients around the world at some of the most successful companies in the world.
Here are some examples:
ProActive English conducted 150 hours of online ESL training programs for several global teams with one organization. Our American trainer, while in Mexico for an extended period, monitored simulated client calls between senior executives in Japan and a U.S-based role-playing trainer in Minnesota (US). The trainer then provided immediate feedback, reviewing the video with the participant. This realistic model of communication with clients presented an exciting and impactful learning opportunity.
ProActive English completed pre-arrival training remotely using Zoom with incoming ex-pats (chemists) from a Japanese chemical manufacturer serving a major semiconductor vendor with offices in Hillsboro, Oregon and HQ in Santa Clara, California. The pre-arrival remote sessions helped these ex-pats function more effectively sooner after arrival in the U.S., saving valuable time in getting them up to speed.
Why is online training effective?
ProActive English training by video conference sessions means that training now looks like most business meetings for global and local teams. Our trainer sees and hears the challenges facing each participant. The platform mirrors the environment that participants use daily to communicate with clients and colleagues. Learn about ROI for ProActive English training.
Challenges for participants include:
- Making small talk to help build relationships in virtual settings
- Being assertive and jumping into conversations on conference calls
- Expressing ideas in an organized and succinct manner without direct eye contact
- Understanding what is being said and asking for clarification when necessary
- Managing conference call and meeting agendas, including time
- Speaking clearly when on a call or in a presentation
Conferencing platforms allow:
- Three-way (or more) meetings; trainers can observe silently and provide the feedback that participants rarely receive
- Document sharing with feedback on writing skills training
- Presentations sharing, with feedback on slide design and delivery
- Sharing of audio and video files which model speech and delivery styles
Arrange a Free Webinar for your company only: Producing Clear Speech - Corporate Groups
Contact ProActive English for more information
ProActive English Menu of Training Options. January 2021
Learn about ROI for ProActive English Training